Remote display devices (ARM VIU) of the AMIS-RF system The remote display devices (ARM VIU) are professional computers equipped with all necessary accessories for connecting to the AMIS-RF central system, and receipt and display of current weather information.
Software of AMIS-RF ARM VIU allows displaying any weather information received from the AMIS-RF central system. Information content and frequency of display can be flexibly customized according to the customer's requirements. All information received by ARM VIU is backed up locally and may be followed by audible alarm.
The main ARM VIU configuration options used by customers on airfields are as follows:
1. ARM VIU for AID basic information board
2. With additional text information (telegram)
3. ARM VIU with full information on runway weather (option 1) for dispatchers
4. ARM VIU with full information on runway weather (option 2) for dispatchers
5. ARM VIU with two runway airfield meteorological information (option 1)
6. ARM VIU with two runway airfield meteorological information (option 2)
7. ARM VIU with full information on runway current (instant) weather for meteorological staff
8. ARM VIU for meteorological staff with open information window from a lightning direction finder
Information content and display methods are customizable.
There are various options of connecting ARM VIU to the AMIS-RF system:
1. Direct connection. Connection of multiple ARM VIUs via independent dedicated lines using modems (in package) with information output to different ARM VIUs.
2. Parallel connection. Connection of multiple ARM VIUs via one line with possible parallel connections (up to 10 devices per channel) using special communication adapters.
3. Connection through local area network (LAN). Information distribution from AMIS-RF or one dedicated PC (server) between multiple ARM VIUs using existing LAN.
4. Connection of multiple display devices (monitors) to one ARM VIU PC using video signal distributor.
5. Combination of all methods of connection to the AMIS-RF central system with possibility to display different information for different users.
The remote display device based on compact PC includes:
1. Compact PC
2. LCD monitor
3. System software
4. Professional software
5. Devices for communicating with the AMIS-RF central system
6. Wall mounting bracket
Compact PC is a computer based on ultra-small low-power components in the portable body frame without fans, for wall mounting or installation in the lack of space, requires neither keyboard nor mouse, and usually used a passive weather information display. The size of PC body frame is approximately 12x12x4 cm.
The remote display device with desktop PC includes:
1. Personal computer
2. LCD monitor
4. System software
5. Professional software
6. Devices for communicating with the AMIS-RF central system
Desktop PC can be used as ARM VIU and for solving other tasks at the same time.