Automatic workstation for generating climatic characteristics of airfield
ARM Climate software algorithms are based on Methodology instructions developed by Zalman Makhover. The Guideline document RD 52.21.692-2007 Requirements to climatic description of airfield developed by Federal Service for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring was put into effect in 2008. Together with other requirements, it standardizes content of the weather information and structure of its recording into original electronic archive. According to these regulations, a moving archive of half-hour data (not earlier
than for the last 3 months) is generated on hard drive (HDD) of AMIS-RF digital device.
This archive is periodically sent from AMIS-RF to ARM Climate using Flash-drive (memory card). This technology prevents AMIS-RF overloading with unusual functions while increasing independence of ARM Climate as hardware and software complex for generation of big electronic archives of observational data and automatic calculation of climatic characteristics of the airfields equipped with AMIS for further generation of climatic description of airfield.
In the latest software release of this hardware and software package , this technology of archive generation in ARM is mature. Basic highlights of this version are as follows:
• in addition to archive generation feature stipulated by the above mentioned Guideline document, this version allows data generation;
• and storage in extended format that includes information from AB-6 log;
• it allows adopting and processing data from previous software release;
• it allows to construct and display diagrams with calculated table data;
• it provides a friendly interface between user and ARM Climate as independent hardware and software package;
• time for generating climatic tables is reduced significantly.
In respect of airfield climatological tables, the Guideline Document sets a standard determining that content and quantity of the tables is defined by specific user requests and specific nature of airfield operation. Therefore, Customer of ARM Climate can use respective sections in the Guideline Document for making Statement of Work for development and supply of ARD Climate with software customized to specific Customer requirements.